Is there a best season for body contouring? Instinct will tell you that the ideal season is summer. After all, that is when most people are showing the most skin, right?
Well, in this case, your gut reaction is off. Instead, the perfect time for body contouring is once sweater weather hits.
Body Contouring Doesn’t Equal Instant Results
Getting lipo or other body contouring in the summer could mean not getting to show off the results for a whole year.
When you have a procedure done, you won’t return home and see the finished result in the mirror. In most cases, there may be swelling, bruising, sutures and more. Rather than tossing on a tiny bikini and hitting the beach, you will be wearing compression garments and taking it easy. In fact, it could take 6 weeks or more before the swelling goes away.
What Makes Winter and Fall the Right Time
While there is never a wrong time, we feel the best time for body contouring is fall and winter. And there are a few reasons for that.
- It gives you a jumpstart on your New Year’s resolutions.
- The comfortable clothing needed during recovery is in season.
- Staying inside and relaxing is expected.
- Your final results should be visible by the time swimsuit season is here.
- You have time to compare procedures in-depth — is a Brazilian butt lift all you need, or should you add lipo into the mix?
While it can be easy to stop thinking about the changes you want to make once you are wearing baggy sweaters all the time, the change in weather is actually a signal to schedule a consultation. So go ahead and break up with your stubborn fat before the new year.
Contact us online or call us today at 516-746-0155 to learn more about your body contouring options or to schedule your consultation.