360° Liposuction is minimally invasive surgery that removes fat from the entire circumference of the torso. Patients enjoy a sculpted and defined contour – all the way around! 360° liposuction can remove unwanted fat from the upper and lower abdomen, flanks (“love handles”), and their back for a slimmer midsection and waist in a single procedure. This liposuction technique is a more comprehensive approach to body contouring than traditional liposuction, which targets an individual area of the body. 360° lipo addresses the entire torso, so your results are visible from all angles. Why not go all the way?
Dr. Gordon Andan and the team at New York Surgical Arts have helped numerous patients to achieve beautifully contoured results with liposuction as well as other body contouring procedures. 360° lipo is a specialized treatment that creates a sleeker overall profile for some of the most common problem areas. If you are interested in learning more, contact us today at our Manhattan or Long Island offices by calling (516) 746-0155.
Before and After Photos
Liposuction is a popular surgery among both the upper echelons of Hollywood and everyday professionals. In fact, it was the most frequently performed aesthetic surgery in 2020, with 296,601 procedures reported in the United States. And, that’s nothing new! Liposuction has been the first or second most commonly performed procedure for the past 10 years, along with the ever-in-demand breast augmentation.(1) Technology and techniques for this popular body contouring surgery continue to evolve, and today, surgeons can take a holistic approach to aesthetics with 360° lipo. This procedure helps patients to attain a smooth, flat stomach, more visible muscles, a smaller waistline, well-contoured curves, diminished “love handles” and a sexy, slender back.
360° Lipo vs. Traditional Liposuction
Traditional liposuction is a targeted procedure that focuses on one specific area on the body. Afterall, most people can name at least one area of their body that they’d like less fat in, so liposuction remains immensely popular. But when it comes to our torsos, it’s harder to pinpoint a single area that’s to blame for an unwanted appearance. Where do love handles end and where does abdominal fat begin? 360° lipo means you don’t have to choose. This approach to body contouring addresses the entire circumference of the midsection, creating well-balanced, shapely proportions. If you’re after a “snatched” waist and hourglass curves, 360° lipo is your best bet for optimal results.
Areas treated with Liposuction 360° include
- Upper hips
- Love handles
- Lower back
- Bra fat
360° Lipo is the latest wave of liposculpting, which does not just remove fat, but “sculpts” the body into the desired shape. And so, why not put that unwanted fat to good use? The liposuctioned fat cells can be used for a fat transfer in countless other areas of the body and even face. Want a cuter booty? Wish your cheeks didn’t look so hollow? Dr. Andan performs Brazilian Butt Lifts and Facial Fat Transfers, either of which might just be the finishing touch for your new look!
360° Liposuction begins with the end goal in mind. The purpose of this procedure is to efficiently sculpt the full midsection into a fit, contoured silhouette. In addition to removing fat from multiple sections of the body, the procedure provides a 360-degree improvement that focuses on the overall look and shape of the abdominal area.
A few other benefits include:
- Smooth contours: VASER Hi-Def get closer to the skin which means that skin not only contracts better to your new contours, but that Dr. Andan will be able to create a chisled look that highlights your musculature.
- Minimal scarring: Dr. Andan uses a narrow cannula to suction out fat. This means incisions are minimal, and we can treat large areas with fewer entry points.
- Customizable results: You’ll work closely with Dr. Andan to identify the areas that need to be treated in order to achieve the proportions that best suit your desires and unique anatomy.
Potential patients for 360° lipo are good candidates for liposuction who want more!
- Have more than one area of their torso that they’d like to improve
- Want a more defined waist
- Are in overall good health, and are within range of their ideal weight
- Have good skin elasticity
The following may prevent you from being a candidate:
- Having certain underlying medical conditions
- Being unwilling to quit smoking in the weeks leading up to their procedure, and to remain nicotine free during their recovery
- Having unrealistic expectations for what the procedure can accomplish
While 360° lipo can get you sensational results, there is a limit to how much fat can be removed safely. And just like other forms of liposuction, it’s not a weight loss solution. It’s surgery. That means you should be living a healthy lifestyle so that you have a smooth procedure and a quick recovery.
Dr. Andan is a board-certified cosmetic surgeon who offers safe and effective cosmetic procedures to the New York Metro Area and beyond. His expertise and training allows him to offer exceptional, natural-looking liposuction results. 360° lipo requires precision as well as an artistic eye, and so he works closely with patients to design bodies that fit their aesthetic desires long before their procedure date. If you are interested in learning whether you are a good candidate for this procedure, contact his New York offices to schedule a consultation. In the meantime, visit our blog to learn more about additional procedures and how we help to improve our patients’ lives.
Responsible planning and preparation lay the foundation for an effective procedure and smooth recovery. Before your surgery, you’ll need to:
- Share your complete medical history with Dr. Andan
- Schedule a medical evaluation and lab testing for surgical clearance
- Adjust medications
- Stop using nicotine products well in advance of your surgery date
- Avoid blood-thinning medications, supplements, vitamins, and herbs, such as Advil, Motrin, ibuprofen, ginkgo biloba, Vitamin E, and St. John’s Wort
- Build muscle to enjoy a more sculpted look after fat removal
- Maintain a diet with foods rich in antioxidants and stay well hydrated for optimized healing
- Prepare your home for your recovery phase with easily prepared food; loose-fitting comfortable clothing; easy-to-reach essential items; and childcare arrangements
360° Lipo treats multiple areas of the torso, so procedures are typically longer than in other liposuction surgeries.(2) But before this, Dr. Andan will meet with you to answer any last-minute questions, and to make the necessary markings to guide his work during the procedure. There are also other important considerations. You’ll be administered general anesthesia to ensure that you’re unable to feel any discomfort for the duration of your procedure. 360° Lipo requires large volumes of tumescent fluid, which will be infiltrated in the treatment areas before the suctioning begins. One of the challenges of 360° Lipo is the differences in fat and skin quality across the treatment areas. Certain areas of the torso have thicker skin and denser fat, like the back.(3) Dr. Andan is an experienced body contouring expert, and will make careful adjustments throughout your procedure to ensure your results stay even. You’ll also be repositioned while unconscious so that he can access all 360° degrees of your midsection. Once he and your surgical team have finished, your incisions will be closed, drains will be placed, and your torso will be wrapped in a protective compression garment.
Recovery is similar to traditional liposuction, however, because more areas have been treated, patients need to prepare themselves for the scale of their healing. It is imperative that patients follow post-operative recovery instructions to optimize the process. We recommend that patients request at least one week off of work to rest and recover at home. You may also experience draining the first 1 to 2 days after your surgery. This is normal. Depending on the extent of your procedure, it can take up to one month or more before you feel able to return to your normal day-to-day activities. You’ll be guided through the recovery process during regular follow-up appointments, and our staff is always happy to answer any of your questions as you heal.
360° liposuction provides defined, sculpted results that will be admired from all angles! Enjoy a smoothly contoured midsection with hourglass curves, or the trim, athletic abdominal appearance you’ve always wanted.
Each treatment that Dr. Andan performs is customized to the aesthetic goals of each patient. And as a result, the cost of 360° liposuction depends on the size of the areas treated, and the extent of the liposuction. You’ll be given an accurate estimate for your 360° lipo procedure after you’ve discussed your goals with Dr. Andan at your consultation appointment. Contact us today at (516) 746-0155 to set one up in Garden City or Manhattan.
Can I gain back the fat removed from liposuction?
Liposuction permanently removes fat cells. Despite this benefit of the procedure, we still recommend maintaining healthy exercise and eating habits. If you do not put in the necessary effort to maintain the results, remaining fat cells can expand during weight gain. So to prevent additional fat and need for another liposuction procedure, we recommend proactive and healthy lifestyle habits that help maintain weight.
Is liposuction covered by insurance?
Liposuction is considered an elective procedure. Patients choose to undergo the procedure for personal and aesthetic reasons, rather than out of medical necessity. As a result, health insurance companies do not cover this procedure.
- Cook J, Pozner JN, Turer DM, et al. Roundtable Discussion: Making Sense of Current Liposuction Technologies. Aesthetic Surgery Journal Open Forum. 2021;4(2022):ojab045. doi:10.1093/asjof/ojab045
- Flores González EA, Pérez Chávez F, Ramírez Guerrero OR, Gracida Mancilla NI, Vázquez Apodaca RA. A New Surgical Approach to Body Contouring. Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open. 2021 May 24;9(5):e3540, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8143746/.
- Parashar S, Venkataram A. Aesthetic subunits of the trunk: Anatomy and behavior of skin and adipose tissue in each unit for better outcomes in liposuction. Indian Journal of Plastic Surgery : Official Publication of the Association of Plastic Surgeons of India. 2018;51(2):115-122. doi:10.4103/ijps.IJPS_117_18